1. friday morning i was dreading having to clean up the after-christmas-party mess. old toys spread all over the house. new toys spread all over the house. food on every counter top. but i got to it. and it helped when darric took the kids with him to his mom's for a bit. i turned on my new t.i cd and got a bunch done. later that day... the tree came down and the decorations were boxed back up. i'm ready to get back to normal life.
2. our favorite's baskets (boxes actually). mine had the following in it: a photo album, pack of orbit gum - spearmint flavor, the movie 13 going on 30, a $10 starbucks card, a black picture frame with our family photo in it and bath & body works cinnamint mentha lip shine. darric and dave went shopping together for most of their stuff, so it's no surprise they wanted each other's boxes. darric had in his: a craftsman bottle opener, kill bill volume I and II, mets baseball helmet decals, 10-in-1 screwdriver and targets. all of the baskets were very good. i picked dani's because it was covered in red cellophane and you couldn't see what was in it. she had... jillian's 30-minute shred, 3 pound weights, lipstick, neutrogena age-reverse lotion, the book mommy dearest and madonna's cd - the immaculate collection (which i traded jan for, because i already have it). darric got dave's box. surprise, surprise.
3. my new bedspread or comforter, whatever it's called. i can't wait to pick a color to paint the walls in our bedroom now...
4. crystal and i had a lunch date scheduled at jason's deli monday. we ended up with a whole party there. her mom and not-yet-sister-in-law were coming. so i invited my mom and jodie. and of course all of our kiddos. (who were all pretty well behaved and were able to end their lunches with some ice-cream) after we got home, i got comfy on the couch and watched the women. (while i finished off my black tea and a couple mini candy bars)
5. after looking in the kids' rooms way too many times and seeing way too much crap stuff laying on their floors, i decided it was time to get rid of a few things. so sunday, i spent at least half of the day stuffing garbage bags full of unplayed with toys. i was planning on getting rid of most of their build-a-bears, but i just couldn't do it. (so they are now sitting in the top of the closet) i had a hard time in max's room. up in his closet, was a basket full of baby toys. i bagged most of it up and got all teary-eyed while i did it. i kept a few things. :)
6. the first half of our sunday, we took a ride to pet kingdom 2000. (pet store) no, we did not get a pet. we were just looking. something for us to do. when we first walked in by the snakes and other gross things, mackenzie started freaking out. she froze and cried for me. which was kind of funny, because in the car she was bragging about how she wasn't scared of snakes. after i walked mackenzie over to the puppies, she was all better. then her and madi started begging for a chihuahua, the one that was begging for them to take it home. it's a good thing darric was there, or we probably would have left with one. they were so cute. besides, darric had his eye on the white and orange manx.
7. grandma becky cut way down on her presents for the grandkids this year. they each got something on christmas and then she had plans to take them all somewhere together. (i hope this is a new tradition) they took a vote... and chuck e. cheese won. so that's where we all went today. all of the kids had a blast. max and beckam loved riding in the big truck that moves up and down and side to side. mackenzie and mason combined their tokens/tickets (that's so mackenzie). and madison's favorite... the skee-ball.
8. sunday i threw out all of the christmas goodies. cookies, candy, moose munch, spinach dip and everything else that i stuffed myself with the night before so i wouldn't have to waste very much. later, i opened up the freezer, and there's a bag of mini snickers and a bag of peppermint patties. i figured it was better to just save those... in case of an emergency, you know.
9. another good reason to have a boy... you can buy him the little shaving kit for the bath.
after his dad showed him how to do it, he took several swipes all by himself. and he took the whole shaving foam soap off of his face with a squishy razor... very seriously. i think he even got some soap in his mouth, but he didn't let it bother him.
and while we're on the subject of bathroom-going-ons...
10. darric was taking a shower the other day and had the bathroom door locked (like usual). max knocked on the door. i let him know that his dad was in the shower. he knocks again and tries to yell to his dad "i won't laugh at your naked."