last week... we ate at IHOP, did good at karate, were rewarded with a sonic ice-cream cone, shopped at home goods, lunched at jason's, ran and walked at the gym, picked up a stomach aching madi from school, got checked by dr. jones and of course, took a few trips to target.
on friday... i took max to the park. saw an old friend from elementary school, catalina, and her three cute girls. max chased after two little girls for at least a half hour. went to the gym. i walked 5, ran 20, walked 5, ran 5, walked 5, ran 10, walked 5, ran 5. minutes, that is. then cooled down for at least 10. went to pick the kids up and madi had one less tooth. one of her friends helped her twist it out.
it's a good thing, because that other tooth was already coming in. but, all of a sudden now, madison has a very strong lisp. which goes away when she doesn't think about it.
friday night, mackenzie was invited to jordan's (a boy in her class) birthday party at the athletic arts academy. she got to go ice skating for the first time. i thought she would be hugging the rails for awhile and falling all over the place. it took her about 2 minutes to get the hang of it and she was flying around the place.
she had a blast skating and hanging out with her friends. (and spinning in circles with the boys) i stayed there the entire time. and couldn't wait to get in the car to crank the heater up when the party was over. i was freezing. it took me all night to warm up. mackenzie now wants to be an ice skater.
by about the time i'm busy blow drying my hair in the morning. in my bathroom, with the door locked. (because darric's in the shower) there's usually a knock at the door. sometimes it's max. he's just waking up. i let him in. tell him good morning. he looks at his dad. and goes back out.
sometimes it's the girls asking for the hair brush. which means, they're right on schedule. :) and sometimes it's 1 of 2 tattle tellers. "mom, kenzie just put her fingers in her milk and flicked it on me!" (pointing to her arm where two little spots of milk sit) or "mom, madi didn't use toothpaste when she brushed her teeth."
we're in the car and he says "i can make my naked go in a circle" you what? "i can make my naked go in a circle" how do you do that? he grabs himself and moves his hand around in a circle. i think it's probably time to teach him that that is not called his naked. i don't call it that, i think he just assumes that when i talk about him being naked, that's what i'm talking about.
he has a little blue bag that his grandma carter made for him. last night, he was carrying his dog around in it. as i'm looking for something in the fridge, he comes over and shows it to me and says, "this is my man bag".
leaving the gym, a little boy comes over and tells max good-bye. max says "that's my brother" no, that's just your friend. "uh, no, that's my brother" ok.
if something bad has happened or there's a mess... "he" didn't do it. but, dora the explorer has been known to splash a large amount of water out of the bathtub. and a dinosaur somehow got a hold of a red crayon and colored on top of our dryer. and we have no idea who ate three hershey kisses and left the wrappers just laying on the couch this morning.
1. How nice is it that Starbucks has added an extra slit in their straw holes? That's very nice, now my green straw doesn't get all squished.
2. Max has nicknamed the cat... Dukers.
3. While looking around Pier One for curtains, Max tells me, "this place is giving me pimples." He wasn't very happy to be there.
4. Yesterday, I ran for 30 minutes straight. I was so proud of myself. And I didn't even notice that my towel had fallen off and was lying on the floor behind me. When the half hour was up, I walked for an hour, because the final episode of Real Housewives of the OC was on. I had to see it. So I went almost 7 miles. (Thanks Tamra, Gretchen, Jeana, Vicki and that brunette chick who's dumb as a rock)
5. New paint color: Desert Camel
It's actually a little bit darker in person.
6. This morning, we celebrated National Pancake Day at IHOP. Max, Quincy and Grandma got the free stack of pancakes. (we made a donation to the Children's Miracle Network) Max had regular syrup and Quincy had the strawberry. Max let Quincy know that he is allergic to strawberries. (This is not a proven fact - he just threw up once after eating a strawberry smoothie, so we thought maybe he was allergic) Jodie and I got the Viva La French Toast, with scrambled eggs and bacon. It's our new tradition. I believe that was the same thing we both got last year when we went.
7. Madi made a mouse. This is what she chose at All Fired Up. Grandma Carter made a penguin.
8. Mackenzie is all about writing stories these days. I can usually find one sitting in Wordpad on the computer waiting to be finished. This is how one of them starts out...
as the last bell rang at school, i jumped out of my seet looking forward for the full summer ahead. we planned to go horseback riding. and swimming at my friend jennies house in florida. my birthday was the only unlucky thing. because my birthday was on the first day of fifth grade. no one would know me. not one person would wish me a happy birthday.
9. I've started using the calendar on my new phone. I don't really know what else my phone does, but I'm liking the calendar. What I have on there for the rest of this week... a much needed doctor's appointment for me on Thursday. And a Birthday party for Mackenzie to go to on Friday.
10. Right now... I'm really wishing I had a Golden Spoon frozen yogurt. I'm glad that Max is finally settling down, he did not have a nap again today. Darric is resting his aching neck while playing a game of Solitaire on his phone. And Mackenzie is in Madison's room reading her a story. (They're both supposed to read every night for school - Madison thinks this counts) It's 8:08 pm.