01.21.13 - 01.27.13
• we had three blog get-togethers this week and at two of them, we actually crafted. at two of them we consumed bagels and one of them pizza.
• mackenzie had culture week in geography. she took some banana dessert called planatos al horno in to share with her class. wasn't much of a hit, she said.
• it's warmed up a little bit. and it actually sprinkled a couple times.
• kenzie and i took a trip to barnes and noble one night. we got a starbucks drink to enjoy while we shopped. i ended up getting two blog type books and kenzie got "wreck this book". we picked out a little fruit keychain for madi and a plants vs. zombies vinyl figure for the mixter. (he wasn't too sure about it, but it spent a lot of time with him)
• in gymnastics, madi was the first one to finish doing a total of 5 handstand push-ups against the wall. she also attempted her first arial cartwheel. i think the teacher thought she had done them before, but madi didn't speak up, so she went ahead and gave it a go. with her teacher spotting, of course.
• madi started pe this week. she says she's the most athletic 6th grader in her class. and she's gotten off to a good start, being mackenzie's sister and all.
• kenzie had her first volleyball tournament on saturday. she had to be to liberty by 6:45. darric said she was all ready when he woke up at 5:45. the first match they played, they won a set, lost a set and made a comeback in the third set to win that one too. the second match, i came to. they won two sets. and the third match they lost two sets. the other team was really good.
• mixter was crying in his room on sunday (after being pretty cranky just minutes before - i'm sure he was tired) i went in to see what was wrong and he said he didn't want to grow up. i asked him why and was waiting for the "i don't want to get old and die" statement that he usually makes. but, this time he says "you won't read to me when i go to bed anymore". ugh. made me feel bad. since i don't read to him anymore now. mainly because him and madi are always squished together in a bed.
• on sunday, mackenzie went to town square with her friend eugene. later that afternoon she got to go to open gym for some volleyball practice.