• monday we all went to jen's for a craft/meeting. we had to finish up some frankenstien push pops for the pat catan craft store. the kids were all on some kind of device playing mine craft together. (times sure have changed)
• tuesday went to cafe zupas
• wednesday kenzie had her second to last ortho appointment. me, kenzie, jen, jodie and posie all went to our michaels. (the rest of the kids stayed at our house to play) we had a $100 gift card to spend on a back to school project. we got stuff to make a couple different projects. it just took us walking around the entire store to decide what we were going to make. we had freddy's for lunch. (ice-cream included - the kids don't have to know)
• thursday jodie's three oldest came to hang out with us while she got her braces on. and then all 8 of us went to cafe zupas. soup was about all jodie was going to be able to eat for most of the day.
• friday we stayed home all day. madi and max spent most of the day face-timing and playing on the habplus game. i got the kids' old school stuff out, organized max's into envelopes for each grade and put it in a plastic box. the girls just went through their stuff because it hasn't been organized. there were several things that they came across that made them chuckle. after dinner (jumbalaya) me, darric and max went to home depot to get the pvc pipe for his fort. i showed him a picture of one online and asked if he wanted to buy the stuff to make it with his birthday money. he was very excited about it. as soon as we got home, him and his dad (and a little help from the rest of us) got busy cutting the pipe and putting things together. it ended up being pretty big. we had to take it apart to get it into the front room. and that night, max and madi both fell asleep inside of it.
• saturday we had paisley's 2nd birthday party to go to. kenzie and i ran to michaels and picked out two of the melissa & doug baking toys and an apron. we rushed home and i cut out some heat transfer with "paisley" on it and ironed it onto the apron. and then it was time to leave. the party was at a sprinkler park out by josh and awburn's house. the theme was doc mcstuffins. paisley was so cute opening her presents. there were a few things that she was pretty excited about getting (our gift was not one of them. haha). we came home to get darric and a little while later we went out to the dayton's for a bbq and the kids eventually went swimming, when the sprinkling stopped. we stayed late enough, that we had dinner over there too. pizza. (it was only about 9:00, but we had gone over there at 2:00 - and kobe did good the entire time we were gone)
• we've been getting a lot of flash flood warnings coming on the tv (and interupting tv shows) which makes max a bit upset. some times, he'll go and get out the flashlights, just in case. even in the middle of the day, like on sunday.
07.22.13 - 07.28.13