march 24th through the 30th
• monday kenzie had another tournament in la. one of the other girl's parents kept us all updated with the score as the girls played. they won all three games, so it was pretty exciting.
• max and madi bought their yearbooks this week. $35 for madi's and $20 for max's.
• max stayed home with me on thursday. he informed me he had to go to the bathroom as i was dropping him off for school. so, i decided he could just hang out with me. it's been a long time. we went to petsmart for dog food and to look at the little rodents they had there. max had to take a picture of the gerbil that he now wants. we picked up cafe rio for me and grabbed him burger king.
• thursday night, kenzie went to the boy's volleyball game at coronado. she hung out with kate and isabel (from csa volleyball) and then kenny and scott (from school) when they were done playing. kenny's on the freshman team and scott plays on jv.
• friday, at 5:30 madi had a student council party to go to at school. their teacher made lasagna and they visited and watched frozen. (max and i watched frozen at home too) and grandma carter came and dropped off kenzie's finished nightgown.
• saturday, max and madi went with grandma carter to the fabric store. they picked out fabric for darian's quilt and some fabric for shorts. they also went to the dollar store for treasures and port of subs for lunch.
• since it is officially spring, i went ahead and made my first carrot cake on saturday. and, because i love darric, i threw my carrot peels in the garbage and didn't clog the drain.
• sunday, grandma carter made us pizza (i made the request yesterday - it had been way too long since we've had it) and texas sheet cake. darric had to go drop kenzie off at practice at 4:00 but he came back and we ended up playing a few rounds of scattegories. we thought kenzie got done at 6:00. so, we sat in the parking lot waiting. and waiting. and finally, around 7:00, i sent darric and max in. practice was over, but she was playing with some boys. and because she got a good hit on one of them, darric let her stay and finish playing. (she did text me at 6:30 saying she'd be a little while)