Friday, February 26th - Monday, February 29th
• Darric dropped the girls off at the airport just before 2:00 pm on Friday. They met up with the rest of their team at the Southwest terminal.
• Madison sat by Nae on the flight there and Payton on the flight home (when they had some lovely turbulence and they all thought they were going to die). Kenzie sat by Nat and Jordan on the way there and Maya and Jordan on the way home.
• They stayed at the Denver Marriott Westminster hotel. Madi roomed with Nae and Lana and Kenzie roomed with Jay and Anya.
• Before leaving for the tournament, Madison sent a text to Grandma Carter letting her know that they were going to be playing in Denver, which is about four hours from them. Her and Grandpa decided to come up Saturday to watch that day's games.
• Kenzie's team played in the USA division and finished 45th out of 79 teams and here are the scores from her games... DAY ONE: Loss against SIVBC Storm 16-25, 27-29, Loss against JJVA Team Rox 17N 24-26, 18-25, Loss against CoJrs 17Malia 28-26, 21-25,17-19 DAY TWO: Win against Club Cactus Juniors 17-Mizuno 25-23, 25-21, Win against 303 Volleyball Academy 17 Bravo 24-26, 25-13, 15-11, Win against Canyon 17U Black 25-22, 25-13 DAY THREE: Loss against Club Legacy VBA 17 Rox 25-19, 15-25, 5-15
• Madison's team played in the American division and finished 37th out of 121 teams and here are the scores from her games... DAY ONE: Loss against Wave 16 PRO 17-25, 25-16, 5-15, Win against United VBC of the Rockies 16 National 25-15, 25-19, Win against LVBC 16 National - Lester 24-26, 25-20, 18-16 DAY TWO: Loss against Nebraska Elite 16 Mojo 25-14, 17-25, 12-15, Loss against Rampage 16 National Gio 14-25, 18-25, Win against MPV 16 1 25-10, 25-21 DAY THREE: Win against JJVA Team Rox 16N 18-25, 25-23, 15-8, Loss against Shockwave 161 15-25, 18-25
• Madison ate at Olive Garden, had bagels from Panera, sandwiches from Jimmy Johns, BJ's (they got to share pizookies because they won) the next day they had the same thing to eat for each meal, but they got dessert from Yogurtland.
• Darric had to work Monday night, so Max and I went to the airport to pick up the girls. We managed to park, get inside and find the baggage carousel and eventually the girls arrived. On our way out, I went to the kiosk machine thing to pay for my parking, stuck the ticket in and then wasn't exactly sure if that was where I was supposed to stick my debit card too, so I cautiously stuck it in that spot and it sucked it right up. I gasped. The kids laughed. And then it spit it back out. We were good to go. Luckily I picked the correct exit lane on the way out and we headed home. So stressful.
• By the time the tournament was over, Taylor decided she no longer wanted to be on the team. And after returning home, Nat ended up quitting too. Buh-bye.