MACKENZIE | TWELFTH GRADE | SILVERADO HIGH SCHOOL
• her new volleyball coach (coach drum) is also her calculus teacher and she's also his student aide. while she was in math today, he asked her if the old coach was harder on her than the other girls because he had heard other coaches say that was the case.
• her schedule:
01 english literature AP (notaro)
03 student tutor (drum)
05 government honors (pavlides)
06 japanese III (breshears)
07 physics honors (au-yeung)
08 calculus BC (drum)
• she has the same lunch as madi both days but she doesn't have to come to school on even days until after lunch now.
• a girl named destiny was wearing a shirt that she had just bought for school. she sent me a text saying we needed to return it.
• the highlight of her day... receiving the award in volleyball from the tournament this past weekend.
• sydney is in her physics class. and AJ is in japanese and government with her.
• she made her lunch to eat after school before volleyball practice. fruit, cucumbers and goldfish crackers.
• i guess her government teacher has been in beauty pageants and told the students at the beginning of class "don't be intimidated because i'm so beautiful". kenzie's pretty sure she was serious when she said it. (eta... the next day she told the students not to take pictures of her or they'll get an N in citizenship)
MADISON | TENTH GRADE | SILVERADO HIGH SCHOOL
• she has the same lunch as kenzie on both days, but also has other friends she can sit by too if kenzie doesn't come until later.
• her schedule:
01 spanish II honors (kyler)
02 chemistry honors (wiegand)
03 art I (reusch)
04 precalculus BC honors (ciarlo)
05 psychology I (young)
06 photography I (flanagan)
07 english pre-AP honors (gerken)
08 world history honors (monkman)
• she had picked ceramics as one of her electives, but it must have been full and she ended up with psychology. i don't think she was too happy about the change, but her friend zoe is in the class with her.
• she made her lunch to eat after school before volleyball practice. some fruit, cucumbers and goldfish crackers.
• the highlight of her day... at volleyball practice she was hitting outside really well so she'll probably get to play outside instead of getting moved to middle.
MAX | SIXTH GRADE | SILVESTRI MIDDLE SCHOOL
• he was pretty excited (and maybe only a tad bit nervous) about starting middle school. i on the other hand was more than a tad bit nervous. as soon as i dropped him off, i thought of several more things to worry about. will he remember to look both ways? does he know his way around the school well enough? will he be able to get his locker open? i just needed the day to be over so i could pick him back up and hear that he had had a good day.
• he's one of four sixth graders in his STEAM class. when he first got to class he thought he was in the wrong room because everyone else was so tall.
• he took his lunch in a brown paper bag. half of a pb&j, goldfish crackers and a capri sun. he's a slow eater, so it would do no good to send him with a bunch of food.
• the main reason having a bottom locker stinks... there's a chance you can get hit in the head by the top locker when you stand up. (hopefully he's learned to look before standing up now)
• his schedule:
00 homeroom (mcnulty)
01 math (paris)
02 english (hayden)
03 english (hayden)
04 STEAM science, technology, engineering, art and math (pregosin)
05 PE (rhodes)
06 science (mcnulty)
• he'll have PE the first two quarters and then computers the last two. he loves the fact that he gets to go to PE every day of the week. and every monday, they'll be running a mile.
• he goes to lunch with the rest of the sixth grade after english. he found his friend jacob and ate with him.
• the highlight of his day: finding out that he had jacob in two of his classes.
• he has his friend patrick in two of his other classes, but that's about it.
• he wants to walk to school with joey but i'm having a hard time letting him, so we pick joey up and i drive them to school and we take him home too. (so much for avoiding the elementary school traffic - joey lives right across the street from the schools)