We did Thanksgiving with my side of the family on the Saturday before Thanksgiving again this year.
I was up at 7:00 this morning peeling potatoes to put in the crock pot. Then after jumping in the shower and getting ready, Darric and I ran to McDonald's to get everyone breakfast. I also made my raspberry pretzel jello and macaroni and cheese. As soon as the potatoes were done cooking and I finished mashing them up, we left for Jen and Dave's. We stopped at Sonic for drinks and arrived just after 1:30. Almost everyone else was already there.
Mom, Dad and Grandma Dee. Jen, Dave, Jacob, Mason and Grace. Josh, Paisley and Penelope. Jodie, Matt, Quincy, Beckam, Piper and Posie. Sandy, Steve, Calie, Cade and Coda. Carrie, Vanessa and Dodi. And a little later Ben, Liz, Rex and baby Leo arrived. This was the first time we got to see baby Leo. He is such a cutie.
After eating our turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, creamed corn, potatoes with brussels sprouts, macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, stuffed mushrooms, rice with sausage and rolls .... we had dessert. Mom brought a chocolate Nothing Bundt cake, I brought the raspberry pretzel jello, there was a pumpkin pie and Calie made a layered spice cake with pumpkin cream cheese frosting (I believe). Around that time, Jen discovered the fruit salad that Steve made was still in the fridge. So we had that with the rest of the dessert. And when Ben arrived, he brought a turtle cheesecake that he made.
And then we all headed outside for the group photo.
* insert group photo here *
• Posie couldn't wait to have some of Calie's cake.
• Poor Rex stumbled in the backyard and got a thorn stuck in his little hand. After his dad pulled it out, he just brushed it off and went on playing.
• Sandy tried to figure out how many grandkids Grandma has. I think the total was 50 (grandkids + great grandkids + great, great grandkids). We confused ourselves a couple times.
• Once Rex warmed up to everyone, he had a swarm of girls following him around. And Leo got passed around through all of us big girls (my arm was sore the next day).
• I think my whole family remembered to sign the book this year.
• Madi was coloring on the tablecloth next to Posie and let out a burp. It startled Posie so bad she almost fell off her chair.
• It was good to see Uncle Steve doing well. He was recently in the hospital after discovering he has diabetes.
• Cade's growing up, sporting his new mustache.
• I ticked off a few of the kids before we left because we (Darric and I) shut down their plans of sleepovers.
Saturday, November 19th