• On the fifth day of Spring Break we colored eggs at Jen's house.
• Jodie, her kids and Cassidy were there. Jen, Grace and a little bit of Mason (he had baseball). And Grandma came too.
• We brought Kool-Aid to dye our eggs (there was PAAS egg dye there too).
• There were a lot of pastel eggs (probably because of a lack of patience).
• A cup of blue dye was spilled and then a cup of red (by two different Melton kids - we won't name first names).
• Posie and Grandma worked together. Some stickers were added afterwards.
• Jodie tried a different color of Lipsense on Kenzie.
• Most of Max's eggs were two-toned, with a drawing on one of them.
• Madison took her time decorating her eggs perfectly.
• My one and only egg. Crayon marks and lots of time in the blue dyes.
• Kenzie took the color blocking route.
• The darker eggs were ones Madison put in the dye before everyone left the table. So they got some extra soaking time.
• For lunch, we smashed up some of those decorated eggs and made sandwiches. Jen made some grilled cheese sandwiches too. And of course there were chips.
• After lunch, Grace brought out her tubs of slime and showed us how to make some too. Every now and then, Jen would yell out hot potato and we'd all perk up, ready to catch her brown colored ball of slime.
The kids worked out a sleepover plan. Max and Beckam stayed with Mason and all of the girls went over to Jodie's. Kenzie and I came home, picking up Freddy's on our way for the two of us and Darric. We got dessert too. And then later, Darric and I watched Fences (with Denzel Washington and Viola Davis). It was different and got me choked up a couple times. I'm not a big fan of movies where Denzel plays the not-so-good guy though.
Friday | April 14th