• 4 to 6 pound turkey breast (bone-in or out) *we used a nine pound turkey
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
• 1 onion
• salt and pepper
• Unwrap the turkey breast and pat it dry with paper towels. If desired, cut off the skin with poultry shears, and discard.
• Salt and pepper the breast liberally.
• Plop it, breast-side down into the crockpot. Wash your hands well.
• Cut up an onion coarsely and push some pieces down next to the turkey and put a few in the rib cavity. Add the stick of butter.
• Pour the broth over the top.
• Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. Use a meat thermometer to test doneness--it should register at 170°. (I believe we cooked our turkey on high for 6 or 7 hours - we went and bought a thermometer to make sure it was done)
Recipe and image from A Year of Slow Cooking